One of the best ways to stay up to date on the latest trends, tools, and techniques in education is to attend an educational conference. These are great events where teachers, principals, librarians, and other education professionals can get together, network, exchange ideas, and offer emotional support.
Here are some of the best events you can attend in 2018. If you know of an event that isn't listed here, get in touch with us and we'll add it!
- 2018 International Literacy Association Conference - July 20 - 23, 2018 - Austin, TX - This conference is designed to allow educators to dive deep on a literary topic of their choosing and speak with experts in the field.
- Maryland State Education Association Convention - October 19 - 20, 2018 - Ocean City, MD - This convention is MSEA's annual event at which teachers take part in professional development workshops and MSEA delegates carry out the annual business of MSEA.
- WIDA Annual Conference - October 23 - 26, 2018 - Detroit, MI - This annual conference is specific for ESOL or EL educators to network and discuss the issues facing their students.
- EdSpaces - November 7 - 9, 2018 - This conference is centered around preparing for the future of educational facilities and the environment in which education takes place.
- 2018 Area Conference on Science Education - November 15 - 17, 2018 - National Harbor, MD - This conference is an opportunity for science teachers at any level to engage in professional development in their respective fields.
- National Association of Elementary School Principals Conference - July 9 - 11, 2018 - Orlando, FL - This conference is intended to allow principals to learn from their peers and gain useful professional development in the process.
- 2018 National Principals Conference (NASSP) - July 11 - 13, 2018 - Chicago, IL - This conference is hosted by the National Association of Secondary School Principals and is designed to allow principals to take part in professional development.
- 2018 Conference on Educational Leadership - November 2 - 4, 2018 - Nashville, TN - This conference is for individual leaders in education, giving them an opportunity to network with other leaders and to further develop their leadership skills.
- ExcelinEd National Summit - December 5 - 7, 2018 - Washington, DC - This conference for policymakers provides people involved with education reform with comprehensive information on new policies and trends present in schools.
For Library/Media Technicians
- 2018 Association for Library Service to Children National Institute - September 27 - 29, 2018 - Cincinnati, OH - This biennial conference is designed for library staff who serve youth, and is designed to allow those staff to take part in literature and expert programming, keynotes, and networking.